What is Stucco?
Modern stucco is an exterior cement plaster wall covering. It is usually a mix of sand, Portland cement, lime and water, but may also consist of a proprietary mix of additives including fibers and synthetic acrylics that add strength and flexibility. Modern synthetic stucco can be applied as one base layer and a finish layer, which is thinner and faster to apply, compared to the traditional application of three-coat stucco. Stucco may be used to cover less visually appealing construction materials such as concrete, cinder block, or clay brick and adobe.
The Advantages of Stucco
- Makes homes comfortable by reducing air infiltration
- Reduces sound transmission
- Barrier to termites, insects, and vermin
- Can be redecorated in any color
- Can last the life of a building and adds value
- Easy to maintain – reduces maintenance costs
- Can be applied to conform to any shape or design
- Offers security and protects your home’s interior from the weather
- Hail proof